Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Favorite Piece


When my husband and I were discussing decorating our new place (yeah, we talk decorating, he's awesome) we talked about how cool it would be to use trunks as tables. We were going for a sort of vintage feel and somehow making everything in our minds plop out onto our apartment. I bought a "treasure" chest at a local yard sale in my home town that was re-stained and updated and I was absolutely in love with it! It was a bit too high to be a coffee table too. 

My husband's grandmother gave him this chest, which was his grandfather's when he was in the Air Force and we knew it was the perfect fit for our space! This is one of my absolute favorite pieces in our entire apartment. From all of the new things that we've bought to the cozy paint on the walls, there is nothing that compares to a family heirloom that was passed down to you from someone that you love.

The detail on this piece amazes me. The studs, latches, and paint create such a personality for the piece. And even though it was probably not supposed to be there, I LOVE the little splash of yellow paint on the corners. This is a trunk that will travel with us from home to home for many years to come.

  




http://www.kaitmariephotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment